Sunday, October 13, 2013

One year older and wiser too

I haven't blogged or read anyone's blogs in a while, but things have been going pretty well. We've all gotten sick at least once since fall started, but we've still been very blessed.

The kids were sick during my birthday, so we didn't do anything as planned, but it was still good.

Not much going on except I've sworn off factory raised pork, beef, and chicken for a while. I watched a short video that made me cry, and would like to stick with humanely raised animals for now. I had some tofu for dinner last night, but it wasn't prepared the way I like. However, the leftovers marinated all night in curry, and now it is delicious. My love of tofu is something Justin will probably never agree with... lol.

Now I need to ask a question. How do you guys get your picky eaters to eat fruits and vegetables? I'm currently failing dismally with both girls and need all possible suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. I cook the veggies until they're well done (very tender) and flavor the veggies well with salt and butter... I know it ruins the overall nutritional value, but it tastes better and they eat more. I hate canned veggies, so we always have frozen or fresh. We also make them eat some of everything that is served. Yes, this has led to some really long nights of complaining at the table, but they eventually finish, and in general, eat things quickly now even if they don't like it. My kids love veggies so this is more of an issue with main dishes. Also, if you have 2 veggies and a fruit at dinner... then you can give them smaller servings and they'll be more apt to eat them. For instance, Errolyn hates squash... so if I have squash, French beans, and pineapple, I give her one squash and a lot of the other things. I don't feel so badly giving her one squash because I know she'll eat a lot of the French beans and pineapple. But, if squash is our only veggie, I make her eat a small serving of it. The more they eat something, the more likely that they will eventually like it, or ate least tolerate it to eat it quickly. Cameron used to hate avocados and not he is eating more and more of them. Even Logan is asking for some once in a while which I thought would never happen... I think it's just having them often and being consistent with them. It's a battle of who has the stronger will power sometimes though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say older and wiser, but sometimes it's just older. I like curry, but I've never had tofu and curry. I will have to try it some day. Sorry about your birthday, but glad it worked out all right. Check out the picture I just posted.

    ReplyDelete