Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Time is Now

I was taking an afternoon nap just now, because I haven't been getting a lot of sleep with school starting and the kids having a cold. The dream I had during my nap was...really interesting.

I was in the house and had just woken up (in my dream), and for some reason Lydia and George were the only ones awake in the house. And I heard Justin saying how proud he was of me for cleaning the house while he was gone, but I was so confused, because I had been "sleeping". When I got up (still in the dream), I realized that I didn't feel tired at all, that I really had cleaned, and the whole house had so much light and felt so much brighter.

When I woke up for real from the dream the immediate inundation of tiredness was so different from the feeling of just weightlessness I'd just been feeling. I guess I didn't realize how completely drained and exhausted I've felt lately.

When I was set apart to be a Relief Society Instructor, I was told that I would be able to accomplish the things that I desired more easily as I serve God in the home. That came to my mind just now well as I was pondering this dream. I think that all of the light in my dream - the brightness that was all throughout the house - might not have literally been sunlight.

It feel like it was the Light of Christ in our home taking the weight off of everything. It says in the scriptures that when the people of Alma had burdens too great that the Lord was able to remove their burdens from them, and that they were able to "bear their burdens with ease". I have the feeling that this is the same kind of miracle. I have the opportunity to lighten my burdens by serving the Lord in my home. I want to feel that feeling again - that joyous, weightless brightness. And I think God was telling me that now is the time.


4 comments:

  1. Impressive, profound, and prophetic. It doesn't sound accidental to me. Sudden obedience often brings a sudden jump up and then a more gradual, continuing rise. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought you were going to say you woke up from your dream and your house was clean (three Nephites)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. For some reason I am just seeing this comment now. I wish!

      Delete
  3. Nice dream. I think you're right about the light of Chrisf, but I have also found that when there's little to no natural sunlight in my house, I feel down. I've made a habit of opening all of my blinds first thing in the morning because I just feel happier and get more done!

    ReplyDelete