Monday, January 25, 2016

Kings shall carry them

Post 1/3

A couple of months ago when I was still substitute teaching in Relief Society I taught a lesson about the Principles of Temporal and Spiritual Welfare. I had an epiphany while teaching that lesson that had to do with Members of the Church helping others in times of crisis.

There is a scripture that refers to Kings carrying the Israelites upon their shoulders, and I had never really thought much about it until I started planning my lesson. Even so...I didn't want to draw any tenuous parallels that might just be wishful thinking, so I put it out of my mind...UNTIL I read D&C 75:28 and read this:

"And again, verily I say unto you, that every man who is obliged to provide for his own family, let him provide, and he shall in nowise lose his crown;..."

His crown! I called my dad and talked to him about the Kings carrying them upon their shoulders may refer to the members of the church taking care of others during the Last Days, and he thought that was interesting.

Days went by, and I was listening to my favorite Fantasy Football Podcast, when the analyst mentioned that his mom loved genealogy and discovered that they were related to a peasant who had worked his way up the chain and became and advisor to a monarch.

I pondered that for a while. Justin and I have so much royalty in our lineage that I just assumed everyone was related to royalty, but maybe...they're not.

And of course that brought me back to the scripture I'd been thinking of all along:

2 Nephi 6: 6-7
"6 And now, these are the words: Thus saith the Lord God: Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people; and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
7 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers;..."

I had already made the connection that since we are Children of God, we have the potential to become royalty...spiritually. But what if that's not all? What if many of the pioneers descend from nobility, and we literally have the blood of Kings and Queens running through our veins, and THAT's what the scripture means??

Anyway, it really makes me think and want to be prepared to help my family and be able to help others.

1 comment:

  1. I would say "interesting insight," but I already said that - grin. What you say may very well be so.

    ReplyDelete